Educause, the higher-education technology group, has released the Top Teaching and Learning Challenges 2009. They are:
1. Creating learning environments that promote active learning, critical thinking, collaborative learning, and knowledge creation.
2. Developing 21st-century literacies — information, digital, and visual — among students and faculty members.
3. Reaching and engaging today’s learners.
4. Encouraging faculty members to adopt, and innovate with, new technology for teaching and learning.
5. Advancing innovation in teaching and learning with technology in an era of budget cuts.
Project wiki: Top Teaching and Learning Challenges, 2009 Wiki